Wednesday 14 October 2015

The Grande Extra Hot Salted Caramel Mocha (Seasonal)


 For starters, I would like to give a big shout-out to the wonderful barista who put extra whipped cream and salted caramel on this drink for me, you're the best! Okay, now onto the actual drink... I usually hate anything that’s salted caramel; I’m just not a fan of the whole “sweet and salty” thing. This obviously means that I will be completely bias in this review and I apologize in advance. I don’t know what possessed me to order the Salted Caramel Mocha, considering I hate this combination, but I was pleasantly surprised. This is definitely not my favourite beverage, however, it didn’t totally repulse me either, which is always a good sign. I liked that it was nice and warm on a cold day, getting it “extra hot” was a good call on my part. The drink was incredibly sweet and chocolaty; the sweetness was almost over-whelming. I didn’t taste too much salt, even with the extra added on top, which was a bonus for me. In general, it didn’t really taste like mocha to me, it tasted more like pure hot chocolate. I thoroughly enjoyed the extra whipped cream on top though; it was by far the best part. As for the rest of the drink, it was fine, but I will not be ordering it again. This is one of those drinks that I would recommend for children or “tweens” who want to seem cool by drinking a fancy Starbucks drink, but secretly hate the taste of coffee. There is literally no coffee taste to this drink, which I am betting is nice for some people, but I’m someone who really appreciates the delicious taste of coffee, so I was a bit disappointed when all I tasted was chocolate. I know that tons of Starbucks Junkies love this trendy drink and can’t wait for it to come out in the fall, but I simply cannot get onboard with it, the Salted Caramel Mocha just doesn’t cut it for me. I hope to find the perfect fall drink one day soon, but sadly, my hunt will have to continue as the Salted Caramel Mocha is just not it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment