Tuesday 15 December 2015

The Grande Extra Hot Eggnog Latte
(seasonal)



It’s back! The coveted Eggnog Latte has returned from its hiatus and is as delicious as ever! I’m sure most of you have tried or at least heard of the Eggnog Latte from Starbucks, it’s a classic. I for one, get very excited when I see that they’ve put it back on their menu. This drink screams Christmas to me. It’s sweet, it’s creamy and it’s all around the perfect holiday drink for anyone who enjoys eggnog. I know eggnog is an acquired taste and lots of people thinks its “gross” or “too thick” but I personally think that eggnog is delicious and it’s probably one of the best parts about Christmas. Even those of you who don’t like eggnog, I think it’s worth it to give this drink a shot; the eggnog isn’t too noticeable, it tastes more like a regular latte with a pinch of sweetness. On top, the barista’s add a couple dabs of cinnamon that adds that perfect hint of spice to this otherwise sweet drink. The only disappointing part was that there was no whipped cream, and as you can probably tell by now, I freaking love whipped cream. I seriously think that would have made this drink a million times better, but that’s just me, if I had it my way, everything would have whipped cream on it. Now, if I’m comparing this to the other holiday drinks from Starbucks, which I am, this would be one of my favorites. I wouldn’t call this a “typical” holiday drink because it’s not as sweet and festive as the others, but this screams Christmas in a more subtle, subdued way, which I really like. In total, I would award this wonderful drink 8 elves out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment