Monday 18 January 2016

The Grande Extra Hot London Fog



Before I begin this review, I have a quick little story to share. Yesterday, while I was paying for yet another Starbucks drink, the barista informed me that they were out of grande cup so they would have to put my drink in a venti cup. I was obviously fine with this because I don’t discriminate against cup sizes. I paid for my grande drink and waited for them to finish up making my London fog. However, when I actually got the drink, I noticed that it was completely full; they much have not realized that I only paid for a grande. I was pleasantly surprised, see that I got an extra couple ounces of coffee for free. BUT just when I was about to take my drink, the barista quickly stopped me and informed me that they had given me the wrong size and asked if I would give it back to them. She told me that they would re-make it to the grande size. Sorry, what? Yes, she told me that since I did not pay for a venti, I was not allowed to have it. Okay, understandable, but it wasn’t me who messed up the size, and now you’re telling me that you’re going to re-make the exact same drink but smaller. HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? You’re not only wasting a lot of coffee, but you’re also losing money seeing as you just made a venti drink that no one bought. I mean, I didn’t really care, but I was thoroughly taken-aback by the barista’s need to re-make my drink. Anyway, now onto the actual drink. I was good, but nothing special. I’m not a huge fan of earl grey tea, which is what London Fogs are made of, but this time it wasn’t too bad. I was actually surprised by how much I liked this drink. I don’t think I would order it over and over, but I’m definitely impressed and would recommend this drink to any tea-lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment