Monday 18 January 2016

Why Starbucks Isn't Actually That Good



I thought for this post i'd take a bit of a different route. Okay, so in my last post I talked briefly about how I don’t actually enjoy Starbucks coffee. Yes, that’s right, I actually think the coffee is pretty gross. Throughout this project/blogging experience, I have not been exclusively drinking and I’ve come to realize that Starbucks is actually just over-priced, poorly made coffee. Now, I’m not saying that I don’t like their drinks, because the drinks themselves are pretty good, but the quality of the coffee is another story. When you add as much sugar and syrup to a drink as they do, it’s bound to taste good, but that’s because you don’t taste any coffee, you just taste the added flavor. I came to realize this when I decided to order just a plain medium roast coffee. It was gross. It was bitter with almost a sour after-taste. Granted, I didn’t add any sugar or milk, so I knew right away that I wasn’t going to like it that much, but I thought that I shouldn’t add anything to it so that I could give an accurate review for this blog. Clearly that was a big mistake. I’ve had black coffee before, but nothing this bad. If I’m comparing it to my homemade coffee, the homemade stuff wins by a landslide. I wasn’t disappointed because I had low expectations to begin with, but I will say that I was shocked at how bad it actually was. So I guess what I’m saying is that if you don’t actually care about coffee quality, then Starbucks is great for you, but if you’re looking for an actual decent cup of black coffee, I would STRONGLY recommend that you stay far far away from Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment